The MSH Library - MS Office Automation library contains
code to perform common tasks needed when automating interaction among other
components of the Microsoft Office suite, specifically MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
This code library is the result of many years of programming database applications in MS Access VBA.
This code library provides simple procedure calls for tasks such as opening and saving files to
reduce the complexity of these tasks for the programmer.
This library has code to control MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook:
- MS Excel – create new instances of Excel, open Workbooks,
open & create CSV files, save Worksheets and charts as PDF files, and more.
- MS Word – create new instances of Word, open & create documents,
save documents, insert text and images into documents, create envelopes, create mail-merge files, execute a
Word mail-merge, and more.
- MS Outlook – create new instances of Outlook, create new e-mails and
save, display, or send them.
Other features of the MSH Library - MS Office Automation v2017-05:
- Contains full documentation in PDF format
- Developed in MS Access VBA (Visual Basic for Applications)
- For MS Access 2007 (Service Pack 3) through MS Access 2016
- Modules, forms, and other database objects are unlocked and available for inspection and modification.
This is not public domain software. It is licensed to you at no cost.
MSH Library - MS Office Automation v2017-05 and its documentation are released to you under one or
more of the GNU Public Licenses. Each pertinent GNU license is included in full as attachments in the
MSH Library - MS Office Automation v2017-05.accdb. You may read the pertinent licenses in the
MSH Library - MS Office Automation documentation
before downloading the source code.
You agree to be bound by these license agreements at such time as you utilize the VBA
source code, and/or distribute this or new versions of the code and/or its documentation.
Having trouble getting this application to work?
Use the Contact Me button to ask for help.
- Click the download link.
Your browser will display a file download dialog box.
MSH Library - MS Office Automation v2017-05.zip to any location on your hard drive.
- When the download is complete, follow these steps:
- browse to where you saved
MSH Library - MS Office Automation v2017-05.zip,
and right-click it.
- Choose "Extract All" from the right-click menu.
- Follow the prompts in the Extraction Wizard to extract the
MSH Library - MS Office Automation v2017-05.accdb file to a location of your choice.
- Double-click the extracted
MSH Library - MS Office Automation v2017-05.accdb file.
- Windows will launch MS Access and open the database application.
- Unless you have extracted the .accdb file to a "trusted" location
(as defined in your MS Access local configuration), you will see a security warning message under the MS Access
- Click the
Enable Content button (or the
Options button, depending on your
version of Office) to allow execution of the VBA code in the MS Access database.